[haiku] Re: Your top 5 Haiku apps/tools/games

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 17:31:07 +0100

On 12/17/2013 05:02 PM, Scott Kemp wrote:
What about maintaining the OpenJDK port?  That provides us NetBeans,
ThinkFree Office and many more.  So much work was done on the
OpenJDK project.  What are the chances this will be added to the PM
system - or is it available there already??

I have already created a HaikuPorts recipe for our OpenJDK 1.7 port. As far as tested the resulting package seems to work OK. The recipe needs more work though. There's no support for gcc2h Haiku yet and eventually we'll need a proper solution for the bootstrap issue (for building OpenJDK a working Java is needed).

CU, Ingo