[openbeos] Re: XML kit?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:26:00 +0100 CET

"Adi Oanca" <e2joseph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Whether any of the above makes sense or not, it does, IMHO,
> > illustrate why
> > major changes should be thought about as a cohesive unit and done
> > in one
> > release. :-)
>     Totally agreed! But before I, you, Axel, etc. start writing a new
> component, we should HAVE XML Kit ready! Do you agree with me here?

We should not write an XML kit from scratch but rather rely on one
that's already developed - and writing a simple wrapper around it for
our API compatibility shouldn't be all that hard.
We have enough things for R2 that doesn't require an XML kit anyway,
it's really not an urgent issue :)

Bye,
   Axel.