[openbeos] Re: XML kit?

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:33:50 -0500

This is something that we have often talked about for R2. And it is a perfect
example of "doing it right requires a new release".

SVG, for example, is in XML, or so I have been told. So doing an SVG Tracker
with an XML kit would be easier than SVG Tracker w/o. In addition, we have
talked about some ability to convert back and forth between BMessage and XML.
Even, possibly, making XML the format for BMessages that are written out to
disk.

Whether any of the above makes sense or not, it does, IMHO, illustrate why
major changes should be thought about as a cohesive unit and done in one
release. :-)

Michael