[haiku] Re: WorkGroups [WAS] Re: Interesting user interface.

  • From: Eddy Groen <eddyspeeder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:22:32 +0200

> 2009/10/15 zuMi <zumikkebe@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Look at the attached mockup, please; it has been thought to manage windows
> with "layers" or "groups" like in image editors.

(...)

A user has got a visible group named "Jukebox" with Tracker ( folders
> containing

media files ) on the 1st WS, MediaPlayer on 2nd, ArmyKnife to edit tags on
> 3rd, StyledEdit to edit playlists on 4th, BEAE to do some cropping on 5th,
> Terminal and oggenc running on 6th, etc, every other existing group is
> hidden.

Nice idea, thanks for your efforts.

I'd like for it to have some more integration with the existing "open in
workspace..." option. By far not all applications support this, so why not
intercept it by making it a system-controlled thing. Your mockup could
actually be seen as the basis for a management tool to do just that for all
applications.

I understand that it's just a mockup. At this point it seems a little too
crowdy for my taste (up to four icons per group, should be reduced to one or
zero visible when the Deskbar is inactive), but I understand the concepts
behind it (I really like where you put the search feature!).