[openbeos] Re: -Wmissing-prototypes

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:52:46 -0500

I think that we need more info. Are these functions that the driver contains? Kernel functions?
The "proper" way to do this is to put the prototypes in a header file. There are apps out there that can generate header files from C code. In general, keeping warnings is a good thing...

Andrew Bachmann wrote:

Hello all,

I've been helping Rudolf with his graphics drivers and we are running into a _lot_ of these warnings:

warning: no previous prototype for `xxx'

Now, we can fix these by taking every function like this:

int function(void) {
}

And adding this line in front:

extern int function(void);

But this seems really stupid. Does anyone have a strong argument for preserving this warning? Perhaps there is an alternative warning we could use instead? Or perhaps we could at least remove it from CCFLAGS and keep it for C++FLAGS?

Andrew