[openbeos] Re: Windows Vista Performance Kludges (that Haiku

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:54:59 +0000

> > before we know it we have 10 default Tracker
> > add-ons (to continue the example at hand.)
>
> Which wouldn't matter at all, since Tracker only shows those that are
> applicable with the selected files (OpenTracker, that is).

That's a great OpenTracker enhancement. It still matters a bit but it does
greatly increase the number of addons that can (or even should) come in a
default Haiku install.

For example rotation add-ons for images would be great, but if an "Oil Painting
Filter" add-on is added to the default image then most people would consider
that bloat.

The filtering ensures that all the displayed add-ons are applicable; it does
not ensure that all applicable add-ons are generally useful enough to deserve
to be in the default install - and that is where the potential for bloat lies.

Simon

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software