[haiku] Re: Will the WebKit browser be ready for Haiku R1 final?

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:45:55 -0400

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 4:47 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That sounds like the drive number was not set properly in the boot
> loader (ie. makebootable's fault). If that is the case, the boot loader
> shouldn't be able to boot Haiku, but might be loaded itself.

The boot loader definitely loads, and I'm quite sure the kernel loads,
but then it cannot read the disk. Michael Lotz suspected it might be a
difference in how the BIOS sets things up when booting from CD versus
hard drive. Because the Live CD has no problem accessing that disk, at
least once it is booted. This machine is a Dell and also had some sort
of RAID turned on in the BIOS. Turning that off didn't seem to help,
but Linux is able to boot either way.

I'll probably try setting up a bootable Haiku USB stick for the time
being, and then using the partitions on the disk for development
files.

--
Regards,
Ryan