[haiku] Re: Why the MMU?

  • From: Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:34:26 +0100

Andrew McCall wrote:

I personally beleive that desktop PC's are slowly dying out and
perhaps could see a distant future where the requirement for running
Haiku on mobile phones, PDA's, GPS units and media players and other
non-desktop devices was a big sell.

Slow sales of desktops are not because the market is dying, but because it is saturated; or they are being replaced with notebooks, since they are at good prices and equally practical. Other devices are being added to PCs, not replacing them.

And anyway I'm wouldn't like to replace my PC with a PDA, unless I can connect it to a monitor and a keyboard - turning it into a PC :-)

Regards,

Gabriele