[haiku] Re: Why the MMU?

  • From: "Gustavo Weisz" <gustavo.weisz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 14:12:35 -0300

I think every O.S. can run without an MMU (of course he has to implement
full address translation...)

The reason why MMU is used is that in fact, not damn slow address
translation,
(MMU can match a searched value against full page table simultanoisly...)

Regards,
Gustavo.-

--
"Six degrees of inner turbulence",
Best album ever!

Westor MM Sim: http://sites.google.com/site/westormmsim/

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination