[haiku] Re: Why the MMU?

  • From: "Zenja Solaja" <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 03:51:56 +1100

Have they ever made a 32 bit CPU without an MMU in the last 30 years?  Even
if such an exotic beast existed, would it be worthwile complicating the
kernel to support such exotic hardware?  I always thought that Haiku's
primary target was desktop PC's with modern hardware, not exotic embedded
devices.

Cheers.