[openbeos] Re: Why Resurrect BeOS?

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 04:46:26 -0500

We've been through this discussion before.  You may have missed it
before.  Summarized is that if we kept on discussing what would be
cool, what is "absolutely needed" (as defined by each person on this
list) - the discussions would go on, arguments would continue, and
nothing would be settled.

Every single component of BeOS needs to be replaced.  One thing that is
absolutely agreeable is that fact.  A well defined goal is needed.  Now
there is the goal, in and of itself.  What comes after is on everyone's
minds, as we all know that there is more needed in OpenBeOS for its
success.  And just because the line has been drawn with re-creating
BeOS as it existed in R5 doesn't mean that OpenBeOS ends there.  There
is a future, but one must keep the present close in mind.  For those
that want to think ahead a bit further, that is the topic of GE.  :)

Deej

--
Donovan Schulteis
BeUnited

"One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,
In the Land of Redmond where the Shadows lie."