[openbeos] Re: Who wants obedn.com?

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:05:10 -0400

[snip]
This wasn't meant to go to the list. :-/

Daniel Reinhold has volunteered and came up with a NICE site design. As soon as
he can get setup with sourceforge, we will host the site from there. I will ask
Phyte to transfer ownership of www.obedn.com to me and have it pointed at
sourceforge. The blue pages shall be gone forever. :-)

Also - as was previously mentioned, I was always a big fan of the Be news
letters. I think that it would make sense to do our own.
I would like an editor/taskmaster. Someone who can edit (english native
probably best), help non-english native contributors and put this together.
Simple, ascii format. I am thinking maybe 3 articles to a newsletter, maybe
publish every other week. Basically, I am thinking that the first bunch of
newsletters ought to contain info about the piece of the OS that we are working
on. I plan on (TRYING) to put one together by friday so we can have something
new on the web page.

I want to give status updates on each piece as time goes on, too. I don't want
to be a pointy haired boss, but people are curious about OBOS and where we are.
I want and I think that people need to have a constant sense of accomplishment.
And, if there is enough public outcry, I might even do an article like JLG did.
If enough people want it. :-)