[openbeos] Who the heck is this "Jaesler" guy?

  • From: "Erik Jaesler" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "open beos" <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:35:16 -0700

This seems horribly off-topic, and yet strangely necessary.  A short
while ago, my partner Sara and I finally got around to doing what we've
been meaning to do since our son Caleb was born and changed both of our
last names to Jaesler -- a combination of Jakowatz (me) and Kessler
(her) -- which has been Caleb's name since birth.

At any rate, it's finally sunk in that, yes, Jaesler is my *real* name
now and it would be weird (and confusing) for me to keep using Jakowatz.
 Daniel, if you'd make the appropriate changes to openbeos.org, I'd be
most grateful.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming ...

PS: Just for the record, the first syllable is pronounced like "ace". ;)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the
argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
        -William Pitt, British prime-minister (1759-1806)