[openbeos] Re: Where to have a WalterCon

  • From: "Earl Colby Pottinger" <earlcp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 18:46:45 EST

Well I am just outside Toronto, Ontario, Canada.  But I see problems
getting you guys up here.

Based on cheap air fare available here, my coices would be:

New York City:
=============
Pluses, easy to get to, services are available, cheap air fares and if
needed I could even drive there.

Minuses, not the cheapest place for rent hotels or show spaces.  Fear
of crime might keep some away.

Miami Florida:
=============
Pluses, real cheap air fares at the right time of the year, cheap good
hotels.

Middle, don't know how expensive convention space is.

Minuses, beachs covered with semi-nude women interfers with deep
computer thinking.

Las Vegas:
=========
Pluses, real cheap air fares year round, cheap hotels (good ones?),
cheap convention space if no major show is on.

Minuses, easy gambling, easy women and easy men, cheap booze.  Do we
expect to get coding done here?

                   Earl Colby Pottinger