[openbeos] What to do?

  • From: Mat Hounsell <mat_geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:00:54 +1000 (EST)

> "I'm supposed to have been on the Preferences Team, and due to lack of spare
time, mainly because of college, my task was assigned to others. I spent the
last few months learning the BeOS API and wrote a Minesweeper clone, and I'm
currently writing a simple painting tool, something similar to Paint Brush, in
my free time because I'm doing other things too. I'd be very happy if OBOS
makes use of these and any future programs, if they're good enough :) I've
contacted the recruiters several times to join the project again with no
replies so far...I'm a CS student & I have good knowledge of C/C++ and the BeOS
API. I really wish I could do something useful for the project, and now as
college is starting in a few days, small tasks that don't require a long
continuous time to be done will be the most suitable..."

If you don't have much time, just work on the command line applications. For
example the roster command (which prints the contents of the roster) took me
under two hours to complete and it uses one loop.

Have a look.
http://obos.gravity24hr.com/modules.php?name=CL_Apps

Roster Code
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/open-beos/current/src/apps/bin/roster.cpp?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain

http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger for SMS
- Now send & receive IMs on your mobile via SMS