[haiku] Re: What are plans for "pysical copies" of Haiku R1?‏

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 22:21:26 -0400

2010/5/13 Kevin Ar18 <kevinar18@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Basically, I was wondering if it might be possible to actually create a
> Haiku R1 box that can be sold (revenue going to Haiku development).

I think that is a good idea, and while I haven't thought deeply about
it, I certainly have always felt that Haiku R1 should be released in
as professional a way as possible, with pressed CDs and manuals and
the other stuff you mentioned.

It is probably good to start planning all this now, so that it can be
ready for the release. Of course right now there is no deadline and
only a vague idea of when R1 will be released, but it doesn't hurt to
plan ahead some.

Also I think with modern technology it should not be that hard to get
small runs of a box and manuals made, as well as other trinkets. The
deeper problem is how to get them put together and shipped
efficiently. I'm pretty sure I don't want to be putting boxes together
and mailing a ton out from my house each day.

--
Regards,
Ryan