[openbeos] Re: WebCore/JavaScriptCore

  • From: Maxim Sokhatsky <maxim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 23:55:10 +0300

Stephan Assmus wrote:
Hi Marcus,

nice to hear from you!

I was just curious about the current state of affairs, since a browser
alternative would be nice, since N+ is a little bit lacking nowadays and
building a browser from ground up no feasable option.
Yeah I think most people agree that using WebKit is our best option
for the "new NetPositive."

That's also my feeling. I assume none of the projects to build a new web
browser for BeOS/Haiku is still active.

I really think you guys should just get started. :-)

>From what I can tell, the projects (Nirvana?) are not active. I tried to get some information late last year, and some people tried to be helpful, but I couldn't get much done in terms of getting the already ported code from the Nirvana repo (Java Script) to compile. In any case, I have high hopes for such a porting effor of WebKit, and I'd like to help as much as I can. However, I am of no use with regards to gory build system issues. So after someone could get the infra structure setup, I'd like to help as much as I can. Though currently, my time is limited to the weekends at most. But like I said, I'd like to join once an infra structure is already in place. Please use jam if you can.

Best regards,
-Stephan

What's the problem with Nirvana parts compilation ?

--
Maxim Sokhatsky