[openbeos] Re: WebCore/JavaScriptCore

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:03:18 -0400

On 5/30/07, Marcus Jacob <m.jacob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

thanks for your feedback ;-) I didn't looked at the WebKit source - I
hate ObjectiveC - yet, but I do like the overall design.

From what I understand most of the Objective C has been moved into
Apple-specific parts of the code and a lot of WebKit is now written in
C++.

I wouldn't
worried about the actual browser, once the rendering engine and the
javascript engine are available. From what I take e.g. the WebView class
is a full browser sans user interface.

True, plus I think most people would prefer a simple browser like
NetPositive, so adding the other parts shouldn't be too hard.

May I ask what the esoteric build systems are?

CMake and Bakefile and I think one other one.

I was just curious about the current state of affairs, since a browser
alternative would be nice, since N+ is a little bit lacking nowadays and
building a browser from ground up no feasable option.

Yeah I think most people agree that using WebKit is our best option
for the "new NetPositive."

Ryan