[openbeos] Re: WebCore/JavaScriptCore

  • From: "Euan Kirkhope" <euan.kirkhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:29:55 +0100

On 31/05/07, Nicholas Blachford <nicholas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is web core really as good with memory as everyone thinks - i.e. has
anyone tested it?

I use the webcore based Safari as my main browser on my Mac, I also
have Firefox.  Safari is by far the worst memory hog.

I don't know if the problem is webcore or Safari specific but Safari
happily uses up 150MB without ever freeing it.
Firefox does not appear to have this problem.

You need to select quit from the Safari menu, not close window.   I
found this to be true when some collegues couldn't log out of Outlook
Exchange web access to log in a different user.  It always went
straight back into the first user.  Quitting Safari solved that
problem, and I'm sure would also free the memory.