[openbeos] Re: WebCore/JavaScriptCore

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 10:16:33 +0200 CEST

"Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 5/30/07, Marcus Jacob <m.jacob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > May I ask what the esoteric build systems are?
> > CMake and Bakefile and I think one other one.
> I haven't used CMake much lately, but it worked last time I tried it.
> :)
> http://www.bebits.com/app/4444

CMake just fails badly on one of its objectives, namely portability.
The CMake files need many many manual tweaks to run properly on BeOS
(to detect whatever you have installed). And that applies for all the
CMake files that come with a project.
I just hope it won't spread that much. It might be an improvement over
autoconf/automake, but leaves a lot to be desired.

Bye,
   Axel.