[openbeos] Re: We are looking for...

  • From: Adi Oanca <e2joseph@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:12:28 +0200

Hi Mark!

Mark Kim wrote:

Does this person have to have this knowledge beforehand? Or does desire/willingness to learn count?
Most of us only had basic knowledge of an OS, or how things work inside a server/kit when we joined this project. We learned on the way.

For R1 we have all we need, but if something else(like monitor recognition) could be added without great effort, be sure it will.

Me and Rudolf have talked *a lot* about lots of things, and each of us has many things to do( me - with app_server, him - improving nVIDIA, Matrox drivers), but that doesn't stop us talking about R2's driver interface and additional capabilities. ATM we only talk and lay the foundation, we are not implementing nothing; of course a monitor recognition prototype can be done by you... if you want? :-)

And to answer Axel too... yes Thomas, if I'm not wrong, funded his own company and just doesn't has time for OpenBeOS/BeOS. :-( Pity, we loosed a great man! :-((((((
And yes, we need this module as soon as possible. It is not a must, but it's needed. Especially because we have multiple monitor support and have to detect if a monitor is plugged.

We need *at least* one more person. ATM Rudolf is the only one developing drivers for R5. Not sure(not online now) but, I think there is another person who has provided Thomas's drivers for Radeon 9600 series... have to see IIRC, and talk to him.

Adi.