[haiku] Re: Wanted to write to my floppy drive

  • From: Ari Haviv <arielbhaviv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 23:16:25 -0400

2011/7/12 André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Of course I immediately imaged those disks, better safe than sorry! So
> there is at least one case to be made for supporting them, which you
> just happened to mention: to back them up to more reliable media.

But people will do that on Windows because it can deal with the old
proprietary file formats. Soon you won't even be able to do that with
Microsoft products which is why I'm a big fan of open source OS's and
file formats. There's going to be a lot of data that will be lost
forever if people don't think about the future.