[haiku] Re: Wanted to write to my floppy drive

  • From: Matthew Veety <mveety@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 01:15:06 -0400

On Jul 11, 2011 10:36 PM, "Sean Collins" <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dustin Howett wrote:
>>

>> There is nearly always value in legacy support.
>>
> Find me a new box of floppy's to buy, and you'll have made a convincing
argument. Most floppy's are suffering from loss of the magnetic material on
the disc, same as what happens to old analog magnetic tape thanks to
humidity.

> There is no point in supporting floppy drives,the discs just aren't made
anymore that I am aware of and the failure rate is extremely high for floppy
discs to begin with.There is no value in supporting technology that is just
not serviceable anymore.

>  Sean

What's your address?

Matthew Veety