[openbeos] Waltercon 2005

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:55:32 -0400

I have been (with much assistance) thinking about and planning for WalterCon
2005. Last year, we held WalterCon in Columbus, Ohio. While this was great
for those of us in the East, it was tough on those from the West Coast.
Additionally, flights were a little expensive.

So I was thinking that we would try a city with lots of hotels, a tier 1
airport and lots of life. That's right - Walter Goes to Vegas! :-)

Of course, this all depends on you.  Preliminary cost estimate is around $110
for a (double occupancy) room and entrance to the conference room. Probably
around $35 for just the conference room. We will probably do t-shirts again,
too. The format will probably be a lot less formal than last year. A lot more
just "hanging out" and a lot less listening to me stand up in front of
everyone and talking. More like BeGeistert... We are looking at the first
weekend in August as a tentative date, assuming sufficient interest, blah
blah blah.

If you are interested, please shoot an email to waltercon - at - haiku-os - dot
- org indicating how many want to come, if you need a room, anything special,
etc. I may not monitor that particular email address daily, so there may be
some
response lag...