[openbeos] Re: Waltercon 07

  • From: Arnold <arnoldvanh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 09:53:07 +0200

Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ps: Is anyone else actually reading this thread?
Yes, I read about every thread, but please keep your mails a little less
long ;-)

"François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Maybe something like hands on workshops like:
- my first driver
- my first app
- my first input method
- how to add feature {reading video, grabbing audio, handling font &
color sensitivity...} to my own app
Everyone would come with his laptop/floortop, take the sample code and
try, ask questions...

This would make things very much more attriactive for someone like myself
who has not yet picked things up.
Not just listening to a tech talk but actually do something get a little
help while getting started, help devs getting to developing for Haiku

Ryan wrote:
I attended WalterCon 06 only because it was in Orlando, FL, which
happens to be about three hours drive from where I live.
That is one of the main problems whereever a conference or gettogether is
being held, it simply cannot be around the corner for everybody and even if
it were in the school next to my house then I wouldn't be sure to find the
time for attending :-(

CU somewhere somehow :-)

Arnold