[openbeos] Re: WalterCon 2008: Change of Plans

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:18:43 +0200

Ralf,

Ralf Schülke wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:13:11 +0200, Jorge Mare <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Some of the administrative tasks that we handle inside Haiku Inc. are
> > not open to anyone
>
> You mean "anyone" is all people outside the Haiku.inc transition team,
> this is a secend point on haiku.inc.
>
> Haiku.inc is too close to me and this is what new developer and geeks
> dont joind the haiku world.
>
> but the discusions goes on wrong way!
> I say NO to WalterCon why the Finacel report is missing and the
> transition is not finish too.

You are basing your anger on wrong assumptions. I can guarantee you that
the Transition Team is trying hard to reach their goal to reshape Haiku Inc
and no one in the team is happy that it is taking so long. One of the goals
is to reshape the organisation to make it more *formally* open for others
to join (new bylaws etc.). Right now, it *is* open to anyone to join and
help, the shortage of manpower is obvious to anyone inside the team. *You*
have never even tried to become part of this team, it's only the same old
accusation that Haiku Inc is a closed, secret group of people who fail to
do their job. But the truth is it's just a group of volunteers that try to
do the work that no one wants to do inbetween their real life
responsibilities.  If you want to change anything about Haiku Inc, stop
expressing your anger and instead try to become part of the team and help.
It is going to cost you more energy and motivation, though, than writing a
few emails.

Best regards,
-Stephan