[openbeos] WalterCon

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:29:58 -0500

WalterCon 2004

Come meet with the people creating OpenBeOS. Be the first to hear the new
name and see the new website. Get a leg up on the other developers by getting
the new Master's Awards rules first. Tour sunny Columbus, Ohio!

Yes, that's right. We will be in Columbus, Ohio on June 19-20, 2004. One
short, action packed weekend full of fun and excitement. We'll get started at
9 or 10 AM on Saturday and finish up about 5PM on Sunday.

What will all of this cost? For no more than $110, we supply sleeping
arrangements, the conference room, the guest speakers, and internet
connectivity in the conference room. You supply your body, food and a PC, if
you choose.

Why Columbus? Several reasons. Airfare was lower than any of the other cities
we considered (even New York). It is reasonably placed among the East Coast
Developers. The prices are drastically lower than the other cities that we
considered.

Registration is $30. We have 15 rooms reserved for $80 per night at the hotel
at which we'll be holding the conference. You're not required to stay at the
hotel, but if we can't fill all 15 rooms we may have to call the conference
off. Thus, please specify if you'd like to register for the conference only
($30), or if you'd like registration plus lodging ($30 + $80 per night).
Double-occupancy ($30 + $40 per night) and triple-occupancy ($30 + $27 per
night) will be an option if there are enough interested parties.

Well, what do I need to do? Contact us ( waltercon at dauwalder.net ) by
April 15 and let us know you are coming and how definite you are.  Don't send
money yet - we will get to  that point later.