[openbeos] Re: Visual design stuff again

  • From: Lars Hansson <lars-openbeos-misc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:07:46 +0800

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 16:29, Simon Taylor wrote:
> I'm the same. If the app is 10kb and the screenshot is 100K, I'd still
> look at the screenshot first (I'm on dialup, btw). Lars has an
> interesting point - maybe that makes me a geek? What I would say is the
> kind of people who are going to the trouble of finding out about an
> alternative OS and considering downloading it, geek or not, are the
> kind of people who will be influenced by screenshots IMHO.

Good point.
It can, however, also be argued that people who goes thru all the
trouble of finding an alternative OS would download it regardless of the
screenshot?
This is not to say that the look is unimportant but unless your OS looks
like absolute crap, and the R5 style might be aging but it's not crap,
people will probably check it out anyway.

--
Lars Hansson <lars-openbeos-misc@xxxxxxxxxxx>