[openbeos] Re: Visual design stuff again

  • From: Sikosis <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:58:06 +1000

Quoting Lars Hansson <lars-openbeos-misc@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 19:08, Simon Taylor wrote:
> > I stand by that. Buzzwords may get people interested, screenshots will
> > decide if they can be bothered to download and install. I'm talking
> > users here.
>
> I dont think Joe User really cares that much about screenshots,

Probably not Joe User. Joe User doesn't know if they are using a Windows PC or a
Linux box.

As an example our users at work, I replaced a bunch of Windows PC with Mandrake
9.2 and RedHat 9 and no one questioned the difference. The only thing the users
said was that it was actually faster :)

But me personally, I'd never try out another OS unless I saw some screenshots
first. Screenshots make people go - "oh wow that looks cool, I might try it
out".

Even apps. If apps on BeBits, don't have screenshots, I usually don't check them
out unless I really want to.

- Sikosis