[openbeos] Re: Visual design stuff again

  • From: Sikosis <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:05:30 +1000

Quoting Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> yT got slashdotted about selling zeta-pcs, and their website got 1.3
> million hits in a few hours. Slashdot readers are amoung those who will
> make the download/ignore decision based on a single screenshot (as Lars

SlashDot is also a very pro-linux site. I saw a post on ZetaNews from Eugenia
which said "Only Hemos is fond of BeOS at Slashdot with Timothy having a remote
interest only. The rest editors there don't give a flying monkey about
BeOS/Zeta."

> Selling bootable OBOS R1 install CDs might be an interesting way for
> you to make some money as an organisation. It would work as more of an

This was discussed in a newsletter editorial by Michael a month or so back.

I'd suggest you go through and read all the newsletters, it'll proly answer most
of the questions you have.

Cheers

Sikosis
OBOS Pref Team Leader