[openbeos] Re: Visual design stuff again

  • From: Troy Banther <troybanther@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 06:56:50 -0500

Hello everyone,

I just turned 40 years and have, while certainly not the only one, a unique
perspective of a world that only had computers in major corporations,
defense, and NASA. I have seen the rise and fall of a lot of "good"
technologies and softwares over the years. The operating systems that stand
out in my book are BSD, Linux, and BeOS. Yes MacOS is in there somewhere
:).

If you guys can pull this OBOS off - you guys have a wonderful chance to
code your way into the future and be part of history at the same time.
Don't, especially if you have small funding for right now, sweat the small
visual stuff ... work on BeOS' strengths and improve where Be Inc failed.

As far as the visual stuff for OBOS. I personally change what I want and
like.

I just want to see OBOS out there in the "real" world being used like
lesser network operating systems. I would absolutely love to be able to use
BeOS as a server-level OS. As a sys admin for several small campus networks
- can you imagine the time saved in just administration and maintenance of
an OBOS server over it WinCrappy one. As a home user, I want something that
will allow me to get my work without the constant crashes, hangs, or time
loss (say personal cash loss), or data loss. If I had a dime for every time
I had to reboot a WinCrappy machine for one reason or another, I would have
one heck of a bank account.

Well, I must get to work.

Troy

--
troy banther. avid beos and freebsd user
mySite: http://banther-trx.homeunix.com