[openbeos] Re: Visual design stuff again

  • From: "Adi Oanca" <e2joseph@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 01:09:05 +0300

From: "Simon Taylor"

I FULLY agree with you! It's just it will take some time until we have a new
drawing API(bitmaps/gradients/alpha/geometric transformations). And it can't
be done right/best because we'd loose binary compatibility! We said it
before, a major API redesign and some app_server work, must be done; and to
have "a patch" for the UI is not quite that good.

If it's important, IT CAN be done! Without breaking BC, and still be easy to
include in R2.

Adi.