[openbeos] Re: Visual design stuff again

  • From: "Simon Taylor" <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:07:13 +0100 BST

> >I have also seen, through looking at the CVS changes, *complete*
> > rewrites of
> >certain parts of code, to have a better implementation.
>
> Uhm, can you show some examples?

Recently there were 2 new implementations of BBlockCache written, to
replace the one that existed in the tree. Also, private APIs have gone
through several iterations to get to where they are now (think
app_server).

I may be wrong about this, and by all means correct me if I am. My
point was that changing the look the way I have talked about is *not* a
complete rewrite - not by a long way. In fact, none of the existing
code would be removed - it would just be an addition. In other parts of
the project, as soon as an R5-compatible implementation is complete,
that doesn't mean it is locked off and nobody is allowed to add any
enhancements. I would just like the same opportunity with the widget
code.

Simon