[openbeos] Re: Visual design stuff

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:01:19 -0400

>The look needs to be updated sooner or later anyway. What
>I'd rather like to see the mental resources being spent on
>is a discussion on new "controls" as in "list views",
>"outlines", buttons, etc. I am sure there is a lot that
>could be improved usability-wise, especiall on the BeOS. Any
>takers? Probably GE material, eh? ;) But at least a seed was
>sown. :-P

As with so many things, yeah, it is really best to wait for R2 for these things.

But I do believe that some new controls would be a very good thing. My personal
favorite, for example, is the Outlook bar control. That control is, IMHO,
vastly underused. There are certainly others that need implementing for R2. If
you have a list, Helmar, preferably with some screenshots from other OS's, GE
would be a good place to post.