[openbeos] Re: Visual Design for R1?

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 01:08:15 GMT

"DarkWyrm" <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Although R5 does look pretty good, it is begin to look dated
> > > compared
> > > to more modern interfaces.
> >
> >     You're right!
> Perhaps not as emphatically as some, but I also agree.

Yes, I agree too, it looks slightly old.

> > > Is there any chance we could have a UI redisgn for R1? I'm not
> Personally speaking, a lot of work has gone into them already, and I'd
> hate to see work on controls which are currently done to suddenly be
> "not done" because of a graphical redesign. At the same time, it'd be
> nice to have an updated look.  This is a decision for Erik or Michael
> officially, but I'd rather wait and see if someone decides to rework
> the look independently. That "one more thing" syndrome tends to prevent
> getting stuff out the door.
Really, you are right! We NEED TO FINISH R1! It's doesn't matter
if the GUI looks slightly dated.
It's really the wrong time to try a major redesign of the GUI.

For R2 I would like to see a decorator API, perhaps full skinning
support, and font sensitvity. But doing some half baked changes
to the GUI to make it look different really should not be the goal.

Marcus