[openbeos] Re: Visual Design for R1?

  • From: "Adi Oanca" <e2joseph@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:55:24 +0300

From: "Simon Taylor"

> The mockups were hosted at a site www.webhost-free.com - now the DNS
> does not resolve. Maybe an email to Stuart would be the best way - I
> guess he might have more recent images he was working on.

    Did that... awaiting his email now...

> The only problem I see (as I mention on that html page) is that the
> window tabs use an anti-aliased curved edge (can't blit the whole tab)
> and the windows cast a semi-transparent shadow - so on moving the
> window, the area underneath the shadow would need redrawing, and then
> the shadow drawing over the top. Far from an impossible task - but you
> obviously can't just blit the whole window, decorator and all, around
> the screen. Also I wasn't sure how the current decorator API would
> handle alpha drawing, or how complicated a change it would be.

    Unfortunately, at present state, we cannot draw curved edges! While
Decorator API supports them - it's up to decorator developer to give correct
information -, our redrawing code cannot handle rounded edges, yet.
Regarding alpha drawing, I don't know for sure you have to ask DW, but, I
AFAIK we do not have support for that either :-( ! Sometime in the near
future, I hope!

> Thanks very much. Heh - looking at those mock-ups, I think ppl would be
> crazy to switch to anything other than the default ;)

    :-) Yup! It looks damn nice!

> What do the ppl responsible for the actual controls (Erik/Mark?) think
> about a redesign of these components?

    Ask them on IK Team mail list! I understood you have access to it, don't
you?

Adi.