[openbeos] Re: Visual Design for R1?

  • From: "Allen Brunson" <brunsona@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 20:55:26 -0500

Michael Phipps wrote:
> [a whole bunch of stuff that is right on the mark.]

Man, I was hoping somebody was going to say this.  Yes, I agree, entirely.

I can't claim to have a lot of a stake in this.  I expect my entire
contribution will be to port my current BeOS programs to OBOS when it's
finished.  (I'm having trouble believing you guys are going to hit your
binary compatibility goal.)  But that's the important thing: WHEN IT'S
FINISHED.

If you can get to a point where you have a functional clone of BeOS 5, but
open-source, that in and of itself will be incredible.  And at that point,
well, everybody's got the source code, they are free to start whatever
projects they like to graft a new face on it.