[openbeos] Re: Visual Design for R1?

  • From: "Solaja, Zenja" <solaja@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:34:10 +1000

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Phipps [mailto:mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 4 September 2003 10:09 AM
To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [openbeos] Re: Visual Design for R1?

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Jaesler [mailto:erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 4 September 2003 10:12 AM
To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

As a bystander (I know, shame on me), I get a warm and fuzzy feeling
monitoring a lot of the OBOS lists due to the level of professionalism and
'common' sense which the OBOS contributers have.  The mentality isn't like
in the Linux community, where everyone's a cool hacker, a hero, who can
quickly hack a solution to get something working.  Over here, there are cool
heads who review, design, plan, defend etc. each design decision, and the
overall product just seems to be more professional and coherent.  It brings
tears to my eyes to see such commitment and vision (and passion) in this
project.  You're all on the right track, thats great!!!!!

One of the biggest flaws with any OSS project is that each project reaches a
80% complete stage, then the developers move to something cooler and more
interesting (adding features, themes, whatever), never properly finishing
the project.  With the vision and commitment shown in the OBOS team, it
looks as if this project wont suffer from the 80% complex.  R1 is a worthy
goal - stick to your guns.  It doesn't need to be kick-ass, it only needs to
Be.  Likewise, R2 doesn't need to kick-ass, almost everyone will settle for
bringing the OS up-to-date (compared to other open OS's).  R3 is where the
magic starts....

This journey is incredible.  Proud to be a bystander :-)  (shame, shame)

IMPORTANT NOTICES
This email (including any documents referred to in, or attached, to this
email) may contain information that is personal, confidential or the subject
of copyright or other proprietary rights in favour of Aristocrat, its
affiliates or third parties. This email is intended only for the named
addressee. Any privacy, confidence, copyright or other proprietary rights in
favour of Aristocrat, its affiliates or third parties, is not lost because
this email was sent to you by mistake.

If you received this email by mistake you should: (i) not copy, disclose,
distribute or otherwise use it, or its contents, without the consent of
Aristocrat or the owner of the relevant rights; (ii) let us know of the
mistake by reply email or by telephone (+61 2 9413 6300); and (iii) delete
it from your system and destroy all copies.

Any personal information contained in this email must be handled in
accordance with applicable privacy laws.

Electronic and internet communications can be interfered with or affected by
viruses and other defects. As a result, such communications may not be
successfully received or, if received, may cause interference with the
integrity of receiving, processing or related systems (including hardware,
software and data or information on, or using, that hardware or software).
Aristocrat gives no assurances in relation to these matters.

If you have any doubts about the veracity or integrity of any electronic
communication we appear to have sent you, please call +61 2 9413 6300 for
clarification.