[haiku] Re: VirtualBox: Shared Folders Howto?

  • From: "Alexander G. M. Smith" <agmsmith@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 12:14:20 -0400 EDT

Marcus Jacob <rossi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Tue, 12 Mar 2013 13:09:43 +0100:
> However I couldn't figure out yet how to actually mount a shared folder.

Usually you use a mount command.  First, it only works in a GCC4 build of
Haiku.  After installing the guest additions, do "mkdir /MyMountPoint",
then something like "mount -t vbox ShareName /MyMountPoint" (not sure if
the file system type is correct) or use the Guest Additions user interface
(I think they have a deskbar tray thing for it) to do it more conveniently.

> Are there any howto's available?

Have a look at http://www.haiku-os.org/tags/virtualbox
In particular, the Guest Additions entries may be useful.

Personally, I use a local machine FTP server or e-mail to transfer files.

- Alex