[haiku] Vim 7.2

  • From: "Mizsei Zoltán" <miqlas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 20:21:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Guys!

Today i tryed to build the latest (7.2) Vim under Haiku.
This is how i made it:
./configure --prefix=/boot/common
make

It built without problems, and without warnings. The configure script
told "checking for BeOS... no", but the make process finished without
errors, and i tested the executable, it works.
Then I tryed to edit the configure script to recognize my Haiku as
BeOS:
I edited the line 3762, replaced BeOS to Haiku, and now i got:
"checking for BeOS... yes"
Then if i try to run "make" i get this:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `os_beos.c', needed by `objects/os_
beos.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/boot/var/tmp/vim72/src'
make: *** [first] Error 2

I downloaded and added the extra package from the Vim website, and it
built without problems.
Then I ask why we have Vim 6.xx in the Haiku, why not update it to 7.
xx?

Bye!
miqlas