[haiku] Re: Video on Eee 1015PE

  • From: Sean Healy <jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 23:17:42 +0100

On 10/22/2011 07:32 PM, Jerry Babione wrote:

A bug track would be a valid idea.  While I have several I. C. N10's in
client use they are all running BeOS 5 MAX.  I hope the fix will be
avail soon as these systems will need replacing soon.

I managed to track down and fix this problem. I don't know whether the developers will adopt my fix; it seems that a developer had already found this exact issue with another chip but has not yet decided what fix to employ. (Note: I am not trying to criticize any developers; my fix may very well have unintended side effects, or may not work for all chips in this family.)

If anyone is interested, I can mail you a patch for the code, or just mail you the relevant updated accelerant file; it should work on any nightly from the last two months, but I strongly suspect it would not work on anything older.