[haiku] Re: VMW tools as (optional) package

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 22:07:48 +0100

Vincent DUVERT schrieb:

Le 2 févr. 09 à 22:16, Stephan Aßmus a écrit :

Vincent DUVERT schrieb:
You need to modify the one that's passed in and return B_DISPATCH_MESSAGE. It should be easy to read the contents of certain fields, calculate new values and then you can use BMessage::Replace*(), to replace the data in the message.

I tried this, and got a strange behaviour : The hand cursor moves like if there was no filter (i.e. it still reacts to mouse speed/acceleration settings), but clicking, dragging and scrolling are working (quite nicely) at the location of the (invisible) host cursor.

Am I doing something wrong ?

I doubt it. This should be an app_server and/or input_server bug. IIRC, the input_server is connected to the app_server via a special port. It appears that the coordinates being send to the app_server for cursor movement are not the filtered ones, but the ones from the device. Sorry that you have run into this, hopefully we can fix this soon. If you want, you could look into the problem yourself. It sounds a bit, like the fix would be to re-order things a bit on the input_server side to make sure the app_server is getting the filtered coordinates on it's direct link.

Best regards,
-Stephan