[haiku] Re: VMW tools as (optional) package

  • From: "holmqvist.fredrik@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <holmqvist.fredrik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 08:53:43 +0100 (CET)

>From: vincent.duvert@xxxxxxx
>I started creating an input_server add-on for the vmware mouse (using
>the "tablet" and "serial_mouse" add-ons as examples), I made it
>working but there are still issues :
>  - Like you said, coordinates are floating numbers from 0 to 1, and
>unfortunately the VMW backdoor returns the coordinates in pixel.
>So for now I just use :
>float x = cursor_x;
>float y = cursor_y;
>x /= 1024.0;
>y /= 768.0;
The same problem exists for tablets, to some touchpads and others as well.
Tablets even have a twist of their own, the absolute coordinates are absolute
to the resolution of the input area, not
the screen resolution.

I wanted to rewrite this for USB HID devices so that device send their reports
to the input-server and the input-
server does all the heavy lifting, but was adviced against it. I still think
it's a good idea though...

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH