[haiku] Re: VMW tools as (optional) package

  • From: Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 08:53:25 +0100 (CET)

> Humdinger wrote:
>> Fredrik Modéen wrote:
>>> Are this the same code as on BeBits? (http://www.bebits.com/app/4296)
>>
>> There's no source code in the package on BeBits/Haikuware.
>> I don't know if the source code from the mail is the one used to
>> compile the available packages. But I guess so, since there hasn't
>> been an update to the vmwtools for some time.
>>
>> BTW, while I don't see a reason not to start the vm_server to share
>> the clipboard when a vmware image is built with this optional package,
>> the vm_mouse thing could annoy some people (i.e. me :) ).
>
> Not sure if it's the same as the code in bebits or not, but in his email
> momoziro specifically said the attached source code was for building in
> Haiku.
But the attached source code only included the app_server part for copy
paste not the mouse. The Zeta files in bebits also include a BeIDE
projekt.  Any way including this when using VmWare will enhance user
experiens a lot, now we only need the "graphic card" driver to work :)

--
MVH
Fredrik Modéen