[openbeos] Re: Using Haiku code

  • From: Lorenzo <lcq2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 20:05:31 +0200

Still, I hope we get something back from the people who use our code. ;) What kind of driver do you want to write, Lorenzo?

Well, I'm writing an NTFS file system driver that hopefully will have a working write support :), I'm writing this driver mainly because the one written by "Standard & Western Software" that you can find on bebits is no longer supported, so I think that BeOS needs something new :)

Actually, the only things you cannot use are exceptions and RTTI stuff, i.e.: use static_cast instead of dynamic_cast. And of course you cannot use dynamic > kernel libraries, so if you want to share C++ code between multiple modules you must compile the classes into every module using that code (e.g. by linking > your modules against a static library containing the C++ class code).

No problem, I only need an STL like vector implementation, just to speed up coding, I'm a bit lazy :)

Bye!

Lorenzo