[haiku] Re: User Guide (Translation) Site

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <jorge.g.mare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 08:46:27 -0800

Hi,

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
>> So far so cool, now here's the problem:
>> At the moment the HTML export function of this translation-aware
>> Drupal seems to be broken and only outputs zero-sized files. That
>> means that the documents aren't easily transferred to our SVN to be
>> packaged with our images.
>> This would pretty much be a knock-out for this solution, if there
>> isn't a developer who either fixes Drupal's export feature or codes a
>> script that checks out the data right from Drupal's mysql database to
>> build HTML files manually.
>> Is there anyone interested?
>>

> I could probably help with this. I am by no means a master PHP
> developer, but I can make my way around it. I already browsed through
> the source of HTML Export and I bet the problem is related to the
> extensive use of str_replace, which can have problems with encodings
> sometimes. Let me know how you want to move forward on me debugging
> and fixing this. The module is quite simple so I don't think I'll have
> much trouble, even though I don't know the Drupal API at all.

Thank you for the offer Ryan!

I tested the HTML Export filter in a single language Drupal install, and
it works well. But when enabling multiple languages, all the HTML files
it produces are empty; I suspect the filter is not multilanguage-aware
and ignores the language prefix automatically added to the path for each
target language by the i18n module (http://drupal.org/project/i18n).

How would you like to move this forward? I can give you FTP access to
the site, so that you can test the your changes. Would that work for you?

Cheers,

Jorge