[haiku] Re: User Guide (Translation) Site

  • From: Yannick Barbel <yannick.barbel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 08:34:16 +0100

2009/2/6 Jorge G. Mare <jorge.g.mare@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hi Yannick,
>
> Yannick Barbel wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'd like to help translating the documentation in French and possibly
> > Spanish. What is the procedure to get an account on that website (if
> > there is one), or is the access restricted for now to some "core
> members"?
>
> No account required at this point, so feel free to play with the system
> and provide your feedback. I have added Spanish and French as target
> languages so that you can try them out. ;)
>
> But please note that, at this stage, we are only trying to determine if
> we can use this system to translate and maintain the Haiku User Guide.
> So please don't start translating, editing and/or proofreading, as the
> existing content is there only for testing purposes and will most
> probably not be used even if this system is adopted (which we don't know
> yet).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jorge
>

> Thank you Jorge,

I translated one page in French and it worked OK (modification done as
anonymous). Seems to be very straight forward. I'll try later to create a
user account and see how it goes with multiple page translation.

By the way, ReactOS has been using for quite a long time such a system to
provide website translation, and it works very well. If I remember well,
only logged-in users can translate pages, to keep control over
spambots/idiots trying to publish unwanted content. I suppose this is
something that will have to be done at some point.

Cheers,

Yannick