[haiku] Re: Use BeOS Drivers

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:42:03 +0000

Ronny Wisor wrote:
Hello

is it still possible to use BeOS drivers in Haiku?

I tried to use a soundcard driver (CS4236) but it´s only working with BeOS.

First I placed the driver in the "bin" folder and linked it to /dev/audio (I tried different folder names) but nothing happens. "User drivers"
/boot/home/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/bin
/boot/home/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/audio

In the second try I placed the driver here (see below) the same result.
"Administrator drivers"
/boot/beos/system/add-ons/kernel/drivers/bin
/boot/beos/system/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/audio

Please help me! ;-)
Thanks in advance.

Some ancient drivers needed to be published in ~/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/audio/old and a file called use_old_audio placed in ~/config/settings to enable the boot scripts to find it. I've tried one of these with Haiku but it doesn't seem to work. But this is a BeOS R3 standard I think, so not surprising.

Sorry for repeat message, I got the path wrong.

Rob