[openbeos] Re: Uploading a Vmware BeOS Max disk image

  • From: "stoian alexandru" <lxstoian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 08:26:07 +0300

From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [openbeos] Re: Uploading a Vmware BeOS Max disk image
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 23:09:42 -0400

On 7/11/07, Karl vom Dorff <karl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm wondering if it would be ok to upload a BeOS Max VMWare disk image to
Haikuware?? I don't really see how it is much different than a LiveCD (in
terms of distribution), but thought I should ask first.

I've uninstalled all the games and other non-needed software on it, and
compressed a 1gb disk image down to 260mb. It is an expanding disk (8gb)
with the dev tools on it. I think it would just reduce another step for devs
who may want to do some work in VMWare.

I would personally find this very useful. I was going to make my own
version, but appreciate someone else doing the work.

I don't see how it is different than a Live CD either. I say upload it :)

Regards,
Ryan

I made a BeOs max vmware image but can't get the networking to work. Has anyone any idea how to fix this?