[haiku] Re: 'Updating NetSurf' idea

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 21:16:06 +0200 CEST

> > > I'd like to introduce myself to all of you. My name's Michal
> > > Takacs and
> > > I am a third grade student from Slovakia.
> > > I am quite new to Haiku and I am eager to find out more about
> > > this OS.
> > >
> > > I would like to find some info about NetSurf in Haiku, is there
> > > some
> > > description I could follow?
> >
> > I found this:
> >
> > <http://source.netsurf-browser.org/trunk/netsurf/Docs/BUILDING-BeOS

Yes although it doesn't document the full build (so called hubbub)
using all the other libraries that are in their svn. There are pending
fixes for it.

> > Francois can probably help you more, but maybe this is a good
> > pointer
> > until then. :-) Note that you can fetch some of the dependencies
> > from
> >
> > <http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/Downloads>
> >
> > ... so you don't have to build them all yourself.
>
> In fact, you can get all the dependencies from there except the lemon
> thing, but the instructions work for that one. Only remaining problem
> in
> terms of dependencies is the "re2c" lexer tool. But that one is part
> of
> yasm, which builds fine with GCC2 (The NetSurf on BeOS instructions
> mention
> that re2c cannot be built with GCC2). Just follow the instructions
> here to
> build yasm from source:
>
> <http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/dev-lang/yasm/0.7.2/1>
>
> "make install" will not install re2c, but it's been built (in the
> yasm root
> folder) and can be copied manually to /boot/common/bin.

Interesting, I was quite sure I tried building it in BeOS !?

Maybe yasm has an older version ?
Or maybe they removed the gcc2 blockers.

> But then netsurf complains:
>
> /Code/home/netsurf> make
> M.CONFIG: building with JPEG support
> M.CONFIG: building with JNG/MNG/PNG support
> M.CONFIG: building without PDF export
> M.CONFIG: building without glibc internal iconv
> M.CONFIG: building without PNG support
> make: *** No rule to make target `build-beos-beos/deps/
> beos_beos_about.d',
> needed by `build-beos-beos/beos_beos_about.o'.  Stop.

The build system has some compulsive obsessional disorders, it
sometimes builds the version file 10 times, not sure why.
It's being changed also, so maybe something got broken.
Try rm -R build-beos-beos
and rebuilding maybe.

François.